Grilled Chicken with Fruit
This tasty backyard supper has summertime written all over it. Just tie on your grilling apron and you’re halfway done.
- 3/4 cup orange juice reduction*
- 1/4 cup pancake and waffle syrup
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1 & 1/2 pounds total)
- 4 medium zucchini and/or yellow summer squash, cut lengthwise into quarters, or baby crookneck squash, halved lengthwise
- 2 medium red and/or green bell peppers, seeded and quartered
- 1 large pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into 8 slices
- 2 Valencia oranges, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- *In a small pan, bring 1 & 1/2 cups of Florida’s Natural® Orange Juice to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until half the liquid—3/4 cup—remains. Let cool slightly.
- For sauce: In a bowl, stir together orange juice reduction, syrup, basil and garlic salt. Rinse chicken; pat dry with paper towels. Brush sauce generously over chicken, squash and peppers.
- Place chicken and vegetables on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals. Grill for 6 minutes. Brush with sauce; turn and brush again. Add pineapple and orange slices; brush with sauce. Grill for 6 to 9 minutes, or until chicken is tender and no longer pink, turning pineapple and orange slices once.